London Motorhome show planned for ExCeL, cancelled


News that the Motorhome, Caravan and Camping Show planned for the ExCeL centre in London in 2013 has been cancelled will come as a blow to many motorhome insurance providers who did good business from the inaugural event earlier this year.

NCC Events who put on the show in February this year announced just a few days ago that the show planned for the ExCeL in 2013 presented too big a logistical challenge and that the organisers will now look urgently to find a more suitable venue. The ExCeL centre featured successfully as a venue for the Olympic Games which have just finished in London but organisers of the show said storage and movement of the exhibitor’s vehicles and other products before and after the show would be a logistical nightmare. NCC Events Chairman, Anthony Trevelyan, said circumstances had changed, and said “Space that was allocated in 2012 for the movement and safe storage of around 650 valuable exhibitor caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes cannot now be guaranteed moving forwards. Without this space, the build-up and breakdown of the show is not feasible. We have no option but to cancel the 2013 show and seek another venue.” There was also an issue surrounding camping space for visitors who wanted to bring their motorhome and caravans to the show.

The show in February 2012 attracted almost 50, 000 visitors over the six days and 300 companies, including motorhome insurance providers exhibited their products at the show. It was the first time in over half a decade that the South East had hosted an event of its type and feedback from visitors and exhibitors had been excellent. NCC Events say they are determined to bring a similar event back to the South East but it is doubtful they will have any announcement to make before the major event of the year, the Motorhome and Caravan Show held at the NEC in Birmingham from October 16-21st.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *