Campervan Insurance From £220*

We provide campervan insurance to suit all budgets and styles of campervan including classic, converted and imported vans. Our specialist insurance is tailored to fit campervan life and you can get a quote online for most styles of campervans.

Please select your customer’s campervan style from the icons shown below. We will then ask you questions specific to your customer’s style of campervan to ensure they are provided with the right insurance cover. For professional & Private Campervan Conversions, Japanese Imports and Self-built or Home-built Campervans we will need to see images of your customer’s vehicle, details of how to do this are shown below.

Over 12% of our Aviva Campervan policyholders paid this amount or less for their annual premium between 1st Aug 19 and 31st Jul 20.*

Campervan Breakdown Cover

We highly recommend that your customers take out our specialist breakdown cover for only £65. This cover compliments the annual vehicle insurance policy. We provide this service in conjunction with the AA and DAS. If you would like to know more about campervan breakdown insurance cover, you can read more about it here.


Our Campervan Insurance Covers

  • Replacement new vehicle (New for old cover) – we will replace your customers vehicle with a brand-new vehicle if it is written off before it is 3 years old or 15,000 miles – whichever comes first.
  • Personal belongings – we’ll cover your customers for up to £5,000 for any personal belongings that are lost, damaged or stolen as a result of an accident, fire or theft.
  • Unlimited windscreen cover – Manufacturer fitted glass as standard when using National Windscreens and Auto Windscreens® with only £75 excess for windscreen replacement, repairs are carried out free of charge.
  • 12 months fully comprehensive cover to drive in the UK and annual foreign use cover*
  • Legal expenses cover – legal expenses are covered up to £100,000. This gives your customer 24/7 365 days a year legal advice and helps them recover their uninsured losses – e.g. any excess they must pay following a non-fault accident.

*A green card will be issued and period of travel will be subject to EU regulations.

Professional or Private Conversions, Japanese Imports, Self-built and Home-Built Campervans

Our extensive range of policies from a range of insurance underwriters means we can cover:

  • Professional Campervan Conversions
  • Bespoke Campervan Conversions
  • Imported Japanese Campervans
  • Self-Built and Home-Built Campervans

We just need to see images of your customer’s vehicle and their gas certificate and habitation check to make a proper assessment.

Please fill in the form below attaching four photos of the inside and four photos of the outside of your customer’s vehicle and a copy of their gas certificate or habitation check.

Your customer’s vehicle will need to be registered as a motorcaravan or a van with side windows. If they do not have this, we will allow up to 8 weeks to have this completed.

We will then call you to take you through a quote with the information that they have provided.

  • Max. file size: 50 MB.

Campervan insurance that’s right for you

At VM Insurance, we are proud of our expertise in campervan insurance, with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We know how important it is for your customers to keep their campervans on the road and to get things back up and running if things go wrong.

As campervanners ourselves, we’ve tailored our campervan insurance products to tick all of the boxes for your customers, whether they want to drive around the country for a week or across the whole of Europe for a few months.

Our insurance starts from just £220, so get a quote using our online service or by calling 020 8984 0333. Alternatively, read on to find out why we’re the best insurance provider for campervans.

We understand your customers needs

VM Insurance is run by people with a passion for hitting the open road in a campervan or motorhome. That’s why we understand what your customers require when they’re looking for campervan insurance. We provide in-depth cover your customers need.

Not all insurance companies will cover the little things when it comes to your customer’s campervan, but that’s where VM Insurance stands out. Our insurance policies offer everything your customers could possibly need, from the awnings through to gas bottles. Our policies also come with 90 days EU cover as standard, meaning your customers don’t have to cut their holiday short or return home in the middle of an adventure.

So, whether your customers use their campervans for a beach retreat in Cornwall or to explore the stunning sights of the Grossglockner High Alpine Road in Austria, we have the cover for them. We also have a UK-based team of experts who are on hand should you need to talk to us.

Campervan - Would you like a discount on your next campervan insurance renewal?

Most types of campervans covered

By partnering up with Aviva, we can offer a range of policies for a variety of different campervan models.

If your customers are considering a self-build campervan or converting an existing one, we can offer cover for that too! It’s best to get in touch with us if you want a bespoke campervan insurance quote so that we can provide the best possible deal for your customer’s project. Just give one of our expert team a call on 020 8984 0333, and we’ll be able to discuss the options available.

So, if your customers want to turn their campervan into a home from home, they no longer need to worry about getting cover for it.

All the campervan insurance benefits

We’re proud to cover all of ‘the little things’ that other insurance providers may not include in their standard policies.

We provide cover for personal effects and belongings, awnings, generators, audio and navigational equipment, window and windscreen breakage, gas explosions, and so much more. We’ll even replace your customer’s locks free of charge if their keys or transmitter are stolen. Some companies may call these extras, but we like to think of these as necessities** when it comes to keeping your customers’ campervan on the road.

If you want to find out just how many boxes we tick, then you can browse through our policy documents above. Or simply get a quote today! We’re here to get the very best cover for your customers.

**Subject to policy terms and conditions.

What does our campervan insurance cover?

If you take out a comprehensive campervan policy, this will cover your customers for accidental damage, vandalism, fire, theft and any third-party damage or injury they cause. VM Campervan insurance also covers all the little things that other insurance providers may not include in their standard policies.

We also provide cover for personal effects and belongings, awnings, generators, audio and navigational equipment, window and windscreen breakage, gas explosions, and so much more**. We’ll even replace locks free of charge if your customer’s keys or transmitter are stolen. Some companies may call these extras, but we like to think of these as necessities when it comes to keeping your customer’s campervan on the road.

** subject to policy terms and conditions

How old do my customers have to be to take out campervan insurance?

Only those over the age of 21 can apply for campervan insurance.

How much can my customers expect to pay for campervan insurance?

Costs will vary from customer to customer. Prices start at £220*, but it could top the £1,000 mark, depending upon their circumstances e.g. campervans which are rare or unique in some way, such as a classic VW Samba or a vintage Ford Transit.

*Over 12% of our Aviva Motorhome policyholders paid this amount or less for their annual premium between 1st Aug 19 and 31st Jul 20.

How to cut the cost of campervan insurance

Aside from only using their vehicle occasionally and keeping it in a garage when not in use, there are several ways for your customers to cut the cost of cover. You might find that your customer’s premium is substantially reduced if they can provide evidence of at least a few years of claim-free driving, even if this has been accrued while driving a car.

Being a member of a camping association or a similar club could also get your customers cheaper quotes but remember to ensure they have the evidence of this, so they receive this discount. Having the best security available for their particular campervan can also help to reduce premiums.

If my customer has to claim, what do they do?

Accidents and losses can and do happen. For all customers, the ‘moment of truth’ comes at the point of claim. Regardless of how much your customers are paying for their insurance, they want to be safe in the knowledge that if something goes wrong, they are able to make a claim for things they are covered for, as quickly and as simply as possible.

So, whether your customer’s claim relates to an accident they have had with their classic campervan, or their vehicle has suffered fire or damage or it has been stolen, they should notify their insurer as quickly possible providing as much information as possible.

If there has been a theft, your customers should report this to the police immediately. They will issue your customers with a crime reference number, which they will be able to provide to their insurer to speed things up when processing the claim.

How to take out campervan insurance

Whether your customers have a classic Westfalia or a brand new California, they’ll need an insurance policy that covers them for every eventuality and ensures all their possessions are fully insured whether it’s being kept on the drive or driving around Europe.
To find the right policy to suit your customer’s needs, give our insurance experts a call on 020 8984 0333.

Did you know we pay


of claims and we’re determined to keep your customers moving.

*As of the 17th July 2018 Aviva stated that 99.6% of all claims were paid out.