Motorhome & Campervan Breakdown Cover for the UK & Europe from £65
We offer specialist breakdown cover for motorhomes and campervans as an optional extra with all of our motorhome and campervan insurance policies. Just ask one of our friendly team if you’d like to find more out about the cover available.
Our Breakdown Cover Includes...
Emergency Roadside & Home Repairs
Our approved agents will attend the scene of your customer’s breakdown and carry out emergency repairs where possible. They’re even on call to attend to your customer’s vehicle breakdowns at their home.
EU Breakdown Cover as Standard
If your customers break down whilst travelling in the EU, our approved professionals will repair your customer’s vehicle there and then. If they can't, they'll recover the vehicle to a recommended repairer. If the vehicle cannot be repaired, rest assured your customer’s vehicle will be repatriated to their home address.
Getting Your Customers to Their Destination
If your customers break down and are unable to continue their journey that day, their breakdown policy covers the costs of either:
- getting them and their vehicle safely to their destination; or
- providing them with a hire vehicle; or
- contributing to their hotel costs.
Motorhome and Campervan Breakdown Benefits
Benefits of breakdown cover with VM Insurance:
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year cover
- European breakdown cover included as standard (including repatriation)
- Up to six different breakdowns covered during a 12-month period
- Network of approved repairers and emergency services across the UK & Europe
- For UK breakdowns - If the repair cannot be carried out there and then, we’ll transport your customers and their vehicles to a suitable repairer or their home address (if it’s closer)
- If your customers misfuel their vehicle, we’ll remove the incorrect fuel, transport the vehicle to a repairer and dispose of the fuel for your customers (UK only)
- If your customers are unable to continue their journey that day, we’ll either:
- arrange transport for them and their vehicle to a destination within the countries covered; or
- arrange the hire of a category A vehicle for them; or
- arrange transport to their accommodation and even contribute to your customer’s accommodation costs
- Emergency messaging service to keep your customer’s family and friends updated
……… all for only £65
Guide to Motorhome & Campervan Breakdown Cover
Here at VM Insurance we’ve heard no end of stories about motorhome and campervan owners who have planned fabulous trips across the UK and Europe only to get across the channel and for something to breakdown on the way out of Calais. A breakdown is always frustrating, whether it happens at the start or end of your customer’s trip, but it doesn’t need to be the end of their holiday all together.
In the sections below, we'll take you through some of the features you should look for from your customer’s motorhome & campervan breakdown cover.
Emergency Repairs for Motorhomes & Campervans
A good breakdown company will be able to repair many of the common electrical or mechanical vehicle faults at the roadside. If your customers break down at the roadside we’ll get one of our approved agents out to attend at the scene and where possible, carry out emergency repairs.
Transporting your Broken-Down Motorhome or Campervan
If your customers suffer a serious technical problem, then that’s where breakdown cover really comes into its own. If your customers need to be towed to a nearby garage or even all the way back to the UK for repairs then good European breakdown cover makes everything easy.
With VM Insurance, there’s no need to worry about finding a foreign and trustworthy repair centre or garage, we’ll ensure that your customers and their motorhomes or campervans are transported safely to a reputable repairer or even to your customer’s home address.
Misfuelling a Motorhome
Misfuelling occurs when the incorrect fuel is put into a vehicle, and usually involves petrol being accidentally pumped into a diesel engine. If this has happened to your customers, they’re not alone, over 150,000 UK motorists misfuel their vehicles every year.
That’s why we’ve got your customers covered for misfuelling with our breakdown insurance.
If they pump the wrong fuel into their vehicle while they’re travelling in the UK, we will remove the contaminated fuel at the place where it happened or transport their vehicle to a suitable repairer who will remove the contaminated fuel.
Different Levels of Motorhome Breakdown Cover
Not all motorhome and campervan breakdown insurance policies were born equal. The VM breakdown insurance policy has been specially designed with campervan and motorhome owners in mind. Many breakdown policies are designed for cars. The VM Insurance breakdown cover has been specially developed for motorhomes and campervans which are typically longer and heavier than cars. Furthermore, we know that motorhome and campervan owners like to travel, that’s why we include European cover as standard.
Call our friendly team of motorhome experts on 020 8984 0333 to find out more about breakdown cover.